Now Accepting Letters of Interest for IPSA 2024
Dear IPSA Members and Colleagues,
IPSA 2023 will be the 8th biennial congress of the International Pediatric Sleep Association (IPSA). The congress serves as the premier event on the pediatric sleep medicine international calendar. Clinicians, basic scientists and clinical investigators, educators, sleep health advocates, and public policy makers from around the globe will come together to present the latest cutting-edge research, explore innovative solutions to current challenges, and provide an unparalleled opportunity for international collaboration in the field of pediatric sleep.
In keeping with IPSA's mission of global inclusivity, the location of the congress rotates among continents (see below). IPSA also works closely with the host society/institution to organize the meeting, ensure scientific integrity, and provide attendees with a unique cultural experience in the host city. For the 2024 congress, IPSA is accepting proposals from any geographic location. Letters of interest are due by March 1, 2023.
To express interest, host societies should provide the following information:
- Leadership or board member names and contact information
- Number of members
- Meeting history: Location, dates, number of attendees, etc.
- Proposed local organizing committee for IPSA 2024
- Reason for interest in hosting the IPSA congress
- Preferred congress city and meeting dates or time of year, if applicable
Please do not include budgets, support from government agencies, or conference venue bids.
Letters of interest can be emailed to the IPSA administrative office at email@example.com by March 1, 2023.
IPSA Congress History
- 1st IPSA Congress: Rome, Italy – December 3-5, 2010: 341 attendees from 25 countries
- 2nd IPSA Congress: Manchester, UK – December 5-7, 2012: 366 attendees from 37 countries
- 3rd IPSA Congress: Porto Alegre, Brazil - December 3-5, 2014: 267 attendees from 31 countries
- 4th IPSA Congress: Taipei, Taiwan – March 11-13, 2016: 885 attendees from 34 countries
- 5th IPSA Congress: Paris, France – April 27-29, 2018: 520 attendees from 48 countries
- 6th IPSA Congress: Held virtually – February 5-6, 2021: 448 attendees from 53 countries
- 7th IPSA Congress: Held virtually – October 27-29, 2022: 301 attendees from 46 countries
Thank you for your consideration.
Judith Owens, MD, MPHD